Thursday, July 03, 2008

Four Square



Mom and I were heading over to STL to take me to grandma's (who was then taking me to Sherri's to spend some time chillin' with the boys.) and we decided we needed some lunch and why not go somewhere new. So Grandma told us about the Soda Fountain Square, an old time diner type resturaunt. (Remember, it doesn't matter if guests have already been to the resturaunt).













So we had a good meal.






I had chocolate chip pancakes (breakfast anytime.) They were big and fluffy and downright delicious.





Grandma had a breakfast burrito which she said was also delicious. I had a bit, even I thought it was good (and I'm not a fan of eggs.).





Mom actually had lunch. She had baked potato soup and a salad. Both were quite good.










Okay. so the real reason we went to this particular resturaunt (besides the fact that it was in Lafayette Square) was because we heard they had a cupcake bar.


So we scoured the desert menu and mom got the artist cupcake. Meaning they gave her a cupcake, some icing and some sprinkles. She had more fun decorating it than anything, and the cupcake itself was also pretty good.







Grandma had a phosphate because none of us really knew what that was. She had strawberry, which I would recommend. They had some flavors like Chocolate and Vanilla but we think those would probably wouldn't be as good.











I had a Hot fudge brownie sundae. The brownine was really good and hot, and it was covered in ice cream hot fudge and whipped cream.








All in all, this resturaunt was definitely somewhere we would go again, and I think desert is a must here. They have a really cool bar area where they make the ice cream at that you can see from your seat.




After lunch we took a little stroll around Lafayette Square.




Then we took a little drive around the park before we headed back to Grandma's. This was a really fun lunch and we hope to go back again.

~ Kelsey









2 comments:

Kathryn & John said...

Mmmmmm. That food looks so good! Especially the phosphate (whatever that is) and the brownie sundae. I'm making plans to go.

sstone said...

The food looks really good. I am so jealous. Thanks for helping with the boys. They loved having you around to play with.